- Communications Specialist and Publications Developer and Manager in print and electronic media;
- Writer and Editor;
- Graphic design, working in print and electronic media;
- Receptive team leader, interested in maximizing the creative participation of team members;
- Lifetime interest in sustainable development, the environment, and the relationship between local, place-centered economic systems and global economic forces.
Information and Communications:
- Production and Management in Print, Electronic, and Verbal Media
- Strong verbal, writing and editing skills;
- Websites and electronic and print publications for small organizations;
- Writing and editing, newsletter production, brochures, annual reports, magazines, manuals and websites;
- Organization and production of clear, logical presentations;
- Graphic design, photography, photo editing, designing, websites and displays;
- Excellent artistic skills — good with layout of all sorts, photography, and illustration. (Also, strong music background).
- Develpment and maintenance of databases for small organizations;
- Direct mail and email appeals;
- Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat Professional (used to create files for professional printing);
- All Microsoft Office applications;
- Filemaker Pro (Developer);
- Computer languages: HTML, XHTML, PHP, CSS;
- Music transcription software
- Comfortable in both Mac and PC environments.
Working with Diverse Groups
- Organized citizen groups interested in strengthening local economies;
- Organized and facilitated national and international conferences;
- Coordinated young adult volunteers from many countries;
- Reviewed sustainable technologies to determine effectiveness and ease of use;
- Taught music and worked as an actor/singer and theater designer;
- Sang professionally and worked with choirs for many years;
- Studied vocal performance and the relationship between linguistic acquisition and singing.
International Abilities and Experience
- Publications and newsletters in French, Spanish and English;
- Presently work for an international association of NGO’s from all over the world, especially in less developed countries;
- Worked in publications at the Gastón Institute for Latino Community development and Public Policy at UMass Boston for several years;
- Cross cultural awareness and able to connect with people from other cultures;
- Traveled to Southern India to study the use of organic agriculture and aquaculture for environmental preservation and as a means of helping villagers bridge the gap between the local and global economies;
- Worked in Colombia, Denmark, and India;
- Lived for part of my childhood in Italy.